AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if this is possible and what the best way to accomplish this would be if it is. I am considering building a HTPC and wondered if there is a way to connect my comcast box (DCH3416) to the htpc to just view the current channel. I'm just trying to accomplish not having to switch inputs on the tv. I have no need for the htpc to control the channel/program guide/dvr/etc I just want it to display it in a window or fullscreen to be able to easily tab to something else.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PIP would have been a great solution, but for some reason my tv won't allow the second hdmi input to be the pip source =/

I have one of these laying around http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=3296076 I read that they are crap but could it work? If not which mpeg-2 encoding tuner card would be best for just my basic need? Also will the quality be the same as going directly from the set top to the tv?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.