AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know which STB to purchase for my specific TV. Better yet, if anyone is using this tv with the Toshiba DST 3000, please let me know. Has there been a software upgrade to the Toshiba DST? My results and concerns follow:

I got the Toshiba DST 3000 when it first came out and had problems with video/sound cutting out in OTA/DTV. Other than that, it was great, I loved it and didn't want to send it back. I had Sony Replace some parts to try and fix it, but it didn't work.

Bought the Sony STB and had big time lip sync problems and terrible OTA reception. I only live 8 miles from the Antennas. Won't even consider buying it.

I want something now! haha

Please give me your feedback.

Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well I do but its the HD-100. It works really well with my 61HS10. I never had any lip-sync problems and the drop out problem has been fixed via a software update. I don't find the fan noise to be annoying so I'm happy with this combo.

I'm about 13 miles from OTA antennas and reception is wonderful.

This does not help you. I know. But its a reply. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

SAT-HD100 KP-61HS10 STR-V444ES DVP-S9000ES

[This message has been edited by Grizz (edited 07-16-2001).]

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are right, that is a reply! It did help as well. I just don't want to get the Sony. The lip sync problems were terrible.

Thanks

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have read that the Samsung HD tuner is very sensitive for OTA reception. check out www.perfectvision.com. They do a STB shootout.

I have a 53HS10 but I am going to buy the Dish 6000 + 8VSB module since I subscribe to dish and they have the most HD channels.

------------------

Eram

---------------------

TV=Sony 53HS10, DVD=Sony DVP-550D, CD=Sony CDP-C335, DSS=Dish PVR 501, Receiver=Marantz S5000, Speakers=JBL M28, JBL PSW-D110, VCR=Panasonic PV-V4620

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Randy,

Well, I hate to tell you this, but I have the 61HS10 and the HD100 also. The dropout problem is fixed and I haven't seen a lipsync problem in ages. It used to be so bad I couldn't watch CBS at all.

The HD100 really does work well with our HS10's. If you put it in out 3 variable mode, connect the leads to Video 5 on the HS, you never have to change any setting to watch between SD/HD stations. Just change channels with the HD100 remote and the HS sets the aspect ratio depending on the signal it receives.

I put a new CM 4221 antenna up with a pre-amp and I now get all my stations at a 82 or better. I am very happy with this STB now.

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a 53" XBR model that is 16x9 with a HD100. I concur with the posting on the Video 5 and do not have lip-sync problems either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.