AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's always really useful to refer back to charts on STC ratings of various wall assemblies to decide what I want to build. Thus far I've not been able to find any data on single-leaf walls (like drywall on one side only but perhaps multiple layers with or without green glue). You'd think one sheet of 1/2" drywall would be the first thing on the chart for reference purposes but I've never seen it listed anywhere.

I also struggle to find STC ratings for any doors that aren't very expensive sound blocking doors. It'd be nice to have numbers on hollow core, solid oak, etc... I've used exterior steel (foam core) doors quite a bit but they aren't nearly as good as a well-built wall. I'd like to know what would happen if I added one layer of 3/4" mdf to one side of the door with or without green glue (having the single leaf assembly STC rating data mentioned above would help).

Anyone know of any such data?

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
For walls and ceilings this is the most complete guide available downunder -

http://www.gyprock.com.au/Pages/resources/red-Book.aspx

The reason you won't find anything on non-acoustic doors is that the door itself is only a small part of the overall result. Proper acoustic doors are supplied with the frame and seals so that the manufacturer has control over everything and can confidently state the performance.

Cheers,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts