AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase either C.M Stealth Antenna 3010 or Recoton 3000 antenna to get UHF/VHF local channels less than 20 miles from the transmitters. Does anyone outhere have any exprience on these antenna ? Please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 3010 on my roof now. By careful alignment, I get UHF HD from about 15 miles, and one HD VHF from about 40 miles and 80 degrees in a different direction. If you have a reasonable line of sight and are that close, it should work fine.

But buy it only if cosmetics or high wind are a concern.

Channelmaster makes bigger, better antennas that are also cheaper.

They are also uglier. I had a neighbor issue - not a covenent, just a busybody real estate agent hoping to maximize her commission on a nearby sale. She was red-tagging and towing cars, etc.

The Stealth kept her off my back, and still did what I wanted it to do. On the plus side, you don't need a balun (coax cable plugs right in) and can buy an internal amp for it. Seems good for FM interference, too. On the minus side, the extra $40 you can save off the price of a Stealth would go a long way on a rotor if you needed one...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I have the CM3010 in my attic along with a CM4228. I chose the 3010 because it's compact, and had planned just to aim it at NYC, about 29 miles away. The CM4228 is on a rotator, so space was at a premium. It works great for the VHF. It wasn't my intention to use it on the UHF side. I do use it with a CM7777 preamp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.