AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen several posts stating the using steam allows you to run half-life based games in 720p. I have the full steam installed and I only see 640x480, 800x600, and 1024x768 on the video options page. Is there anything I have to do to make 1280x720 available? I'm using powerstrip to get my Radeon 9800 pro to output the desktop in 720p.

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
2,452 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I remember Half-Life being one of the best looking games for it's time, but when I recently went back to play it on the 106" screen, it just could not compare to the new Unreal II/XMP shooters. I cannot wait to see what Half-Life II will look like!

Here is a sample of the free XMP multiplayer download. It is in 1280x720. I had to optimize it before uploading it, so it actually looks a bit better and brighter than this:
http://forum.**********/photopost/sho...sort=1&thecat=

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That does look beautiful. Actually I just wanted to get on Counter-Strike so I can mess with the voice com with my new bluetooth headset. I figured CS would be sufficient to test weather the voice com affects the response of the bluetooth mouse. I'm definately looking forward to HL2!

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.