AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I swiped steel wool across the disk approximately fifteen times, washed and dried the fibers off, then inserted the disk. Unfortunately you can't kill Talladega Nights. For the love of god, don't try this on any games or worth while movies. Don't blame me if you try this and your disk doesn't work.

"

Taken from http://boards.ign.com/ps3_general_bo...5240677/p1/?17

from poster, goldenshower

Kind of pointless but neat.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chako /forum/post/0

Sweet TV he has there. I bet he can tell the difference between blu-ray and DVD lol

Hey, don't dismiss the awesome power of the 19" CRT combo-view.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
That is amazing.

I wonder what the decision makers at Netflix and Blockbuster would think about this?

At some point simple economics become a glaring reality for them.

Gary

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
That pretty much mirrors my experiences (and many others here on AVS) with rental disks in respect to thier durability (blu-ray vs hd dvd). You can pretty much bet you wont have a problem with a blu-ray rental(and I never have up to this point).....while I have had occasional problems with hd dvd rentals....one of them severe enough that even a cleaning wouldnt remedy the situation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Intresting. Though, I would never do that a BD since there so much money.

·
Registered
222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz3fwd /forum/post/0

Not everyone can afford or wants to spend 1000's on a super duper 1000" 1920,000x1080,000 resolution wafer thin LCD/OLED/SED HDTV.

Then why bother with a super duper powerful ps3?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dialog_gvf /forum/post/0

I wonder what the decision makers at Netflix and Blockbuster would think about this?

I imagine, like us, they know that BD has the coating.

The more important question is what happens if you do the same thing with a DVD? You'd have to use the same steel wool on both. I wouldn't mind scratching a DVD, buy there's no way I'm scratching my BD, even if it is Talledega nights

·
Banned
720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz3fwd /forum/post/0

Not everyone can afford or wants to spend 1000's on a super duper 1000" 1920,000x1080,000 resolution wafer thin LCD/OLED/SED HDTV.

Me thinks you haven't been keeping up to date on the prices of TVs.

Seeing how you can now get pretty good ones for less than the price of a PS3

·
Registered
327 Posts
Wow! And one little "red hair" locks up my A1. I still haven't been able finish the last 30 seconds of Miami Vice. But I gotta admit, I've rented every blu-ray available at my local video store and NONE of them have glitched, yet.

·
Registered
919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chako /forum/post/0

Me thinks you haven't been keeping up to date on the prices of TVs.

Seeing how you can now get pretty good ones for less than the price of a PS3

That is if its 27" and under, then yes, and you can get a damned good looking 27" CRT for this price. For a TV 32" and under I would still get a CRT unless you are absolutely running out of space and need the thinner LCD.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.