AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning peeps,

I have just finished the installation of some Steinman Audio Labs SS8 speakers. Steinman is an Australian owned and operated speaker company.

These are Flush Mount Speakers, and i will be using them for my 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th channels. The specs are as follows:

Woofer: 8" Kevlar/Polyprop, rubber surround

Tweeter: 1" Ferrofluid cooled silk dome in swivel mount +/-3dB Treble Switch

Power: 120 Watts

Frequency: 30-20000Hz

Sensitivity: 90dB @ 1W/1M

Impedance: 8 Ohms

I haven't finished my complete set-up yet, but i was able to test them out with an old CD HiFi unit. I was quite impressed with the sound they put out given the poor quality of the source, (analogue radio).

The speakers were simple to install, with the screw clamp lock system as employed by most flush mount speaker designs made fixing a sinch. Ceiling cavities were not made for those 6' tall and greater though!

My only complaint thus far was fitting the grill. This was VERY tight and i had to remove one in particular several time to smooth out dents in it which were made when trying to fit. (no vibration @ high volume and high bass though!)

The build quality was good, but not brilliant. one of the speakers appeared to have a glob of glue on the cone. I took this back to the supplier and he happily replaced it (Audio Craft in Melville Perth WA, thanks!)

I am by no means an audiophile, but i am trying to "open my ears". Anyone know of any pro reviews of the Steinman speakers?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.