AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there has been talk of this coming to TV/Netflix/Amazon...I wonder if anyone has heard any new news about it? I just read the book for the 2nd time, and it's one of my favorites. Would make an amazing show...If it was allowed to have a multi-season order.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I havent read either yet. Finishing up something else first and then I need to decide on the next one. I loved The Shining, so I was leaning towards Doctor Sleep next.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill  /t/1521031/stephen-kings-11-22-63#post_24444630

I havent read either yet. Finishing up something else first and then I need to decide on the next one. I loved The Shining, so I was leaning towards Doctor Sleep next.

Good choice....

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Just don't make it like Under the Dome and I'm set..

·
Registered
28,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar  /t/1521031/stephen-kings-11-22-63#post_24446415

Just don't make it like Under the Dome and I'm set..

Actually, I quite enjoyed the book of UtD. Fun read. It's the TV version, which bears it little similarity beyond the title, that's total crap.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy  /t/1521031/stephen-kings-11-22-63#post_24446547

Actually, I quite enjoyed the book of UtD. Fun read. It's the TV version, which bears it little similarity beyond the title, that's total crap.

+1000%

·
Registered
21,215 Posts
Doctor Sleep was the last King book I read. I liked it a lot but thought 11/22/63 was more intriguing. Because 11/22/63 wasn't a sequel to one of King's most famous stories, I liked it better. Still, there is no bad Stephen King.

As for the TV series based on King's Under the Dome, I had to go back and reread the book to get rid of the bad taste the TV show had left in my mouth.

·
Registered
21,939 Posts
I loved Doctor Sleep and 11/22/63. Probably 11/22 better. But nothing is as good as his magnum opus The Stand.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I really liked 11/22/63. For those that like to listen to books, the unabridged version narrated by Craig Wasson is very good. Stephen King is a big audio book fan. Most recordings of his stuff are great (It, The Dark Tower series, Insomnia, Salem's Lot, Duma Key, UtD, The Stand, etc.)

I just finished all 48 hours of The Stand recently. Another good one to listen to...

·
Registered
21,215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb  /t/1521031/stephen-kings-11-22-63/0_100#post_24451877

I really liked 11/22/63. For those that like to listen to books, the unabridged version narrated by Craig Wasson is very good. Stephen King is a big audio book fan. Most recordings of his stuff are great (It, The Dark Tower series, Insomnia, Salem's Lot, Duma Key, UtD, The Stand, etc.)

I just finished all 48 hours of The Stand recently. Another good one to listen to...

These days I too do almost all of my "reading" via audiobooks. I have the massive Stand Alone in Tunes on my iPhone and will "read" it in the near future. I agree that Wasson's reading of 11/22/63 was excellent. Speaking of massive, last week I finished reading Doris Kearns Goodwin's magisterial but very long Team of Rivals. Its closing chapters were the basis for Steven Spielberg's Lincoln.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts