AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Yamaha RX-V663 that is working well for my home theater needs. Right now I am using it as a 5.1 system, with the 7.1 leftovers being used as a second audio zone (this is an optional config within the RX-V663) that I run to a 6-channel speaker selector which distributes the amplified sound to deck/patio/bedroom/bathroom/kitchen.

The drawback to this config is that it only works with analog input and for reasons I don't really need to get into here, I am looking to remove that analog connection and instead incorporate a dedicated amp to drive the speakers around the house (everything but the 5.1 part of the system). So I'd run a line out from the RX-V663 to this new amp.

I think it would be best to find an amp that can handle a 4-ohm load (just for future flexibility, all my speakers are currently 8ohm), and one that can deliver adequate power so I can get pretty loud throughout the house, but not necessarily ear-splitting).

This would not be used for "critical" listening, but I do want good sound quality.

I'm hoping to find something under $200 (I hope you aren't shaking your head or laughing :) ..... what might my choices be?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply- I have been digging all through these forums, and it would seems that for my budget I won't get much more than "adequate", but since this part of my system is purely auxiliary sound, something "adequate" will do for now.

That 75-watter for $240 looks good, but a little more than I wanted to spend for a little less power (but not by a multiple of ten or anything

I have also found this Sherwood RX-4109 and I'm researching opinions: http://www.amazon.com/Sherwood-RX-4109-Stereo-Receiver-Black/dp/B000MBUSD6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368481493&sr=1-1&keywords=Sherwood+RX-4109

1 - 4 of 4 Posts