AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone else said they got their sub the next day as it turns out I ordered my second one ( HT 18D4 ) yesterday and according to FedEX it is scheduled for delivery today. Of course it helps when you are one state away. I would have thought by Friday this is great.:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Someone else said they got their sub the next day as it turns out I ordered my second one ( HT 18D4 ) yesterday and according to FedEX it is scheduled for delivery today. Of course it helps when you are one state away. I would have thought by Friday this is great.:)
Mine arrives Friday too. I think I ordered a day or two before you though...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Does have to be the 4 ohm? I just ordered a 2nd one (please don't tell my wife:), but the 4 ohm is now sold out and estimated delivery is late May! 2 ohm is still in stock, thinking I can change it if there's now difference. I don't really get how they're different though, can you explain it?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The preferred one to order is the D4. but regardless they both have to be the same either both D2 or both D4. Here is why and it will depend on how you wireit:
for the D4 there are 2 voice coils the colors are red (+) black (-). Mine are wired this way + to + and - to - then take one red and one black to the connector using +1 -1 this will give you a 2ohm load on each channel of the amp roughly 1100watts per channel. The amp is configured in to dual mono.
for the D2 still dual voice coils but they have to be wired differently this time + from one coil to negative on the other then take the red and black that are left and wire the positive to the +1 on the connector and the ( black ) negative to the +2. The connector is the round one you ordered it goes on the enclosure. Now you will have 4ohm load and the amp needs to be configured in a bridged mode. This will still give the same 1100 watts.
You probably could but I would not use one D4 and one D2.
I hate to keep referring you to this but go to MartySub FAQ look at the first page scroll down to you see the wiring segment there are pictures that show what I wrote.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Hey guys just go to the12volt.com for sub wiring that web site will show all the your wiring options for the subs. It's under subwoofer wiring wizard. You will never have to reference back to any thread for wiring your subs or any other speaker.

The d2 sub can be wired as follows using 2 subs 0.5 ohms,2 ohms, and 8ohms

The d4 sub can be wired as follows using 2 subs, 1 ohm, 4, ohms

Folks like the d4 subs because we can buy the inuke 3000dsp and wire up d4 subs in 2 and 4 ohms and maximize the inuke 3000dsp amp. Hope this helps people. Mike

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those options are fine but I was suggesting to Ryan to use both channels of the amp. For the D2 each sub wired in series (4ohm per sub) then run each sub on its own channel.
The D4 in parallel 2ohm each on its own channel other than that very helpful.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Does have to be the 4 ohm? I just ordered a 2nd one (please don't tell my wife:), but the 4 ohm is now sold out and estimated delivery is late May! 2 ohm is still in stock, thinking I can change it if there's now difference. I don't really get how they're different though, can you explain it?

Are you using an NU3000? If so, you want both to be D4. The D2 will only get half as much power from the amp.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Grabbed eight D4's in January when they were $159 shipped.

Sorry guys. :eek:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Those options are fine but I was suggesting to Ryan to use both channels of the amp. For the D2 each sub wired in series (4ohm per sub) then run each sub on its own channel.
The D4 in parallel 2ohm each on its own channel other than that very helpful.
Okay, another stupid question...what's the big difference of running in series vs in parallel? Don't I just plug one subwoofer to one channel on the amp and run the other sub to the other channel? Why does it matter if it's one or two subs?

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
8,277 Posts
The d2 sub can be wired as follows using 2 subs 0.5 ohms,2 ohms, and 8ohms

The d4 sub can be wired as follows using 2 subs, 1 ohm, 4, ohms

Folks like the d4 subs because we can buy the inuke 3000dsp and wire up d4 subs in 2 and 4 ohms and maximize the inuke 3000dsp amp. Hope this helps people. Mike
This sounds completely wrong. I think you have it backwards.

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
8,277 Posts
Okay, another stupid question...what's the big difference of running in series vs in parallel? Don't I just plug one subwoofer to one channel on the amp and run the other sub to the other channel? Why does it matter if it's one or two subs?
The HT18 drivers have two voice coils. You can wire them up either in series or parallel, and this will determine whether you end up with a 2, 4, or 8 Ohm driver once it is wired up. The SI-HT18d4 wired in parallel is 2 ohms. This allows a inuke3000 dsp to supply 1100 watts to each driver. If you were to get the d2 driver, it can be wired(the two coils on the driver) to be either 1 ohm or 4 ohm. I think 4 ohm will limit you to 600 watts on the inuke3000.

Reactions: LTD02

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
This is from the12volt.com
We are not running the two subs off of one channel on the inuke amps. So we aren't running the two subs in parallel or series with each other, they are each being driven by their own channel. So when we talk about the d2 or d4 drivers, the d2 can be wired to be as 1 ohm or 4 ohm load, and the d4 can be wired up as either a 2 ohm or 8 ohm. So for the op, in order to deliver full power to his HT18's from the inuke3000dsp, he wants d4's wired in parallel for a 2 ohm load.

If someone wanted to run two separate subs off of one channel, or bridged off of one amp, that would be a different story.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Ryan asking questions is great. Hope this makes sense the amp will run in either 8, 4, or 2ohm load. It will run in a bridged mode at either 8 or 4ohm. It will run either stereo, dual mono, or bi-amp at a 2ohm load. Going by the Behringer specs.
Delivers 2 x 1500 Watts into 2 Ohms; 2 x 900 Watts into 4 Ohms; 3000 Watts into 4 Ohms (bridge mode)
These are over inflated but pretty much the lower the ohm the more power you get from the amp.
Using the D4 as an example:
it can be wired as 8ohm each coil wired in series + from coil to - of another coil then the 2 spots left are + and - this will give you 8ohm per channel or approx. 450 watts per channel.
wiring in parallel + to + and - to - will allow the amp to run at 2 ohms per channel ( max output ) 1100 watts each channel
D2 subs
series is same as D4 but now you will be at 4ohms ( not 100% sure if it will allow 1100 perchannel in bridged )
parallel will also be the same but only 1 ohm amp cannot handle it.
I am using the D4's and I have them wired in parallel 2ohm per channel max output.

·
Registered
170 Posts
We are not running the two subs off of one channel on the inuke amps. So we aren't running the two subs in parallel or series with each other, they are each being driven by their own channel. So when we talk about the d2 or d4 drivers, the d2 can be wired to be as 1 ohm or 4 ohm load, and the d4 can be wired up as either a 2 ohm or 4 ohm. So for the op, in order to deliver full power to his HT18's from the inuke3000dsp, he wants d4's wired in parallel for a 2 ohm load.

If someone wanted to run two separate subs off of one channel, or bridged off of one amp, that would be a different story.
Bear- check your d4 options- should read 2r or 8r, not 4r...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts