AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had a chance to sit back and read Steve's article in AVI yesterday morning. I must admit after reading the article I had one of those "Man, I wish I were that lucky guy" moments! After all, Steve has an awesome home theater in a great house, a wonderful family in which you can tell takes priority in his life, fast cars and the front page of AVI!

I took abit of time to read Steve's website and came across his article about a trip "to see the Wizard" Bob Carver. I found this story interesting and entertaining, so I wanted to make sure it didn't get overlooked by other AVS readers. So here it is:

http://theater.stevejenkins.com/articles/carver.html

Steve, you'll have to let us know how Mr. and Mrs. Carver enjoy the theater! Nothing like having a world renowned audio authority drop by for a taste of your A/V set-up to put the pressure on!;)

· Registered
410 Posts
That's a pretty cool little story. It's nice to know that Carver is a real human being with maybe a little humility. It's easy to interpret the whole signing gear thing with a rock star mentality, but it seems as though that's not the case.

Steve is obviously having fun. Keep it up bud!

· Premium Member
855 Posts
Being an owner of 2 Carver amplifiers, I certainly enjoyed the article!!! Thanx for the link!!!

· Registered
392 Posts
Darren:

I'm blushing :)

Seriously, tho - I was awestruck by how downright COOL Bob was (we called him "The Bob" for the entire 45 minute trip home). I've been a fan of both his work and his maverik approach to the industry for many years, and meeting him ranks way up there on my "people I've had the pleasure of meeting" list. I met Jay Leno at a restaurant in Vegas a few years ago, and Bob is way cooler :)

My brother and my buddy Scott (who both came on the Sunfire tour) and I couldn't stop talking about Bob on the drive home. We were almost as bad as giddy little girls who got backstage passes to an NSync concert, or teenage boys who got to hang out at a skate park with Tony Hawk. We kept saying stuff like "DUDE! WE JUST MET BOB CARVER!!! WAS THAT COOL OR WHAT???"

I still hope Bob gets a chance to take me up on my offer to come watch a movie here. How cool would THAT be?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.