AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got finished auditioning quite a few screen materials for use with my Epson Cinema 1080UB projector, on a 135" screen. All the materials I tried (the full complement from Carada, Da-Lite and Stewart) were excellent, with various expected pros and cons -- except the Firehawk. Straight on this looked great (the best in fact) -- but when tested just within the space of the 135" screen the falloff was *TERRIBLE*. I mean HORRIBLE. It looked like someone put on dark sunglasses on the left side of the screen, when the right side was bright.

I double checked to make sure the material had the correct side facing me - and tried a few various placements... but it just looked un-watchable bad in all cases.

Given all the great reviews, I think this must be something with me -- unless no-one cares about seeing the screen from a bit of an angle.

Any ideas what I could have done wrong? Is it just the screen size being too big for that fabric?

Any and all insight greatly appreciated.

_Scott

PS - The S130G3 from Stewart is my leading choice, with the Da-Lite right behind.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm6079 /forum/post/15589742

I just got finished auditioning quite a few screen materials for use with my Epson Cinema 1080UB projector, on a 135" screen. All the materials I tried (the full complement from Carada, Da-Lite and Stewart) were excellent, with various expected pros and cons -- except the Firehawk. Straight on this looked great (the best in fact) -- but when tested just within the space of the 135" screen the falloff was *TERRIBLE*. I mean HORRIBLE. It looked like someone put on dark sunglasses on the left side of the screen, when the right side was bright.

I double checked to make sure the material had the correct side facing me - and tried a few various placements... but it just looked un-watchable bad in all cases.

Given all the great reviews, I think this must be something with me -- unless no-one cares about seeing the screen from a bit of an angle.

Any ideas what I could have done wrong? Is it just the screen size being too big for that fabric?

Any and all insight greatly appreciated.

_Scott

PS - The S130G3 from Stewart is my leading choice, with the Da-Lite right behind.

The manufacturer recommends a ceiling mount for ideal uniformity.

Here's a review that is worth reading:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/stewart_screens.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts