Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I have been running an 82" Stewart Filmscreen Luxus Deluxe Grayhawk for the last year with my projector. It is mounted on a white wall, and surrounded by dark sound treating material on the entire wall. However, I never did anything to the actual surface of the wall directly behind the screen. Would it make a noticeable difference in picture quality if I were to paint the area of the wall behind the screen black, or to put some Duvetyne behind it? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Julian

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Slight help maybe. The Grayhawk fabric is mostly an opaque one. If I am not mistaken it is about 90% opaque. That means little light is actually going through and reflecting back onto the screen. I supposed it would be an inexpensive experiement and it definitely would not hurt. Depends on how much time you have. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I bought a couple yards of black velvet similiar to what lines the frame of the luxus screen wall frame of my screen, and I adhered it to the wall behind the screen. Needless to say, it did infact make a difference. I am definitely pleased with the results. I can honestly say that it infact helped to bring out shadow detail.

Julian

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
I hope so to! I am playing catch up from a load of interest in a scaler promo I have, so if I don't get back to you today please resend to make sure I got it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.