AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to screens so am unfamiliar with how they are supposed to look.

I received a Stewart Firehawk Visionary Electriscreen (106")

1) The entire surface of the screen (grey portion) is not a uniform grey but has white spots scattered throughout as if the paint sprayed on was not done uniformly. These are small but some are noticeable at 5 ft in normal light with projector not on (see attached picture).

- Is this normal or is the screen defective?

2) The Black surrounding area has some grey showing through and when Stewart was contacted they said that they would send touch up paint!!??

- Has anyone else experienced this?

- As any paint has some "depth" when applied would using touch paint have a long term negative effect on the screen as it rolls up and down or as it is stored in the rolled position?

3) The black edges are wavy near the tension tabs. I don't see any effect on the primary screen section yet (the projector is not yet operational).

- Is this a cause for concern?

- In general, with all these items, is this a defective screen I should get replaced or is this normal?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Probably got your questions answered by now, but I'm having the same issue with #3 on a new Luxus 'A'. Screen itself looks fine, but tabs and black masking look out of wack and the masking is wavy and non-uniform. Anyone else with this issue? agtacz; what'd you end up doing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.