Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stewart Luxus Communicator problems

I just picked this up the other day, and I temporarily mounted it using the Eyebolts to my ceiling.

This is a 92†Diagonal screen with FireHawk, and 25†inches of drop.

1) I do not seem to get this thing to retract. I played with it for about 30 minutes last night, and got only 1/3 of the screen to retract. Every time I get it to retract it takes many tries, and then only goes up a few inches before it stops again. The instruction says that I need to gently pull down slightly on the handle, and then at medium speed feed the screen in the case with out releasing the handle. Am I missing something here? But this should not be this hard.

2) The Stewart web page says that Tab Guy tension systems , are a Stewart innovation, to ensure screen flatness. But I seem to still have about 4 vertical waves about 1.5 inches wide each, at the upper left part of the picture area. Does this require tuning to get this correct? The manuals do not talk about this?

Help

Dieter

·
Registered
234 Posts
You have mail in your AVS PM box.

Regards,

Mark Robinson

Stewart Filmscreen Corp

·
Registered
347 Posts
It took me awhile to figure out "just the right amount" of tension to apply, when pulling down the screen. It's a piece of cake for me now (I have a Luxus Communicator - Grayhawk 100" 16x9)

But, it is a good idea to talk to Stewart just to make sure that your unit is working fine.

Good luck

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
I had the same problem with my old Dalite screen. I couldnt get it up (no pun intented) if my life depended on it. Once I figured it out, I never had a problem again

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok , I can get it to totally to retract now every time after several people on this forum , and Stewart told me it just takes a bit to get it right. I guess once I believed it should just work , it did J So it still gets caught 1 or 2 times on the way up , but I will still play with it to see if I can get it to retract in one swoop, with out getting caught on the way up.

In regards to issue 2, my vertical waves (Stewart calls them vertical wrinkles) in the screen. My dealings with Stewart were good and they always called me back on my phone when they said they would.

After talking to Stewart a few times and sending them pictures of my waves of the screen, they told me the vertical wrinkles should smooth out shortly, and I should get back to them in 2 to 4 weeks.

4 weeks is in the first week June, and I will see what is going on, and contact Stewart again. I will update this thread then.

Thanks

Dieter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.