AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building an htpc with an OTA tuner in it and I would like to stream netflix. Is there a single nice-looking interface that will allow me to do all of this (Plus record OTA) without having to switch programs? I don't think WMC can stream netflix.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I don't use a tuner in my PC, but I do use it for movie viewing and Netflix...I can heartily recommend JRiver. I used MediaPortal, then XBMC after that and they are a bit flashier with nicer theater views than JRiver, but in both cases they just weren't up to snuff in usability and lack of stability. I realize JRiver is not free, but it is great software that is constantly evolving. Just my 2 cents.

Bricktop.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickTop  /t/1417842/still-dont-know-what-software-to-choose#post_22176083

I don't use a tuner in my PC, but I do use it for movie viewing and Netflix...I can heartily recommend JRiver. I used MediaPortal, then XBMC after that and they are a bit flashier with nicer theater views than JRiver, but in both cases they just weren't up to snuff in usability and lack of stability. I realize JRiver is not free, but it is great software that is constantly evolving. Just my 2 cents.

Bricktop.

Seconded. Honestly, it's been a bit of a pain to get it working how I want it, but now that it's setup, it just works. No BS. I've used wmc, media browser, my movies, plex, xbmc, media portal, you name it. I may be partial because I really care about audio and picture quality, but with jriver I don't have to worry about installing 3rd party programs, launching external programs, etc. It's all there, and all supported by a single developer (and their forum suport is awesome, which is the kind of thing that is wholefully under appreciated). Free 30 day trial. Try it out yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts