AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did my first bulb replacement a few months ago. Previously never had the green/yellow problems until recently. It's not noticeable on every show, but it has become more so the last month or so, It is noticeable even with Redbox movies I get now. I've tried adjusting the color and I'm finding having to go more red hue than it was normally set at before, but it still doesn't entirely get rid of the green/yellow look. I'm assuming this is the optical block problem, but why would some shows not have so much of the green tint to them?? Also the cooling fan has started to get a louder annoying tick-tick to it, which I'm assuming might need replacing soon....?? I'm starting to think it's time for a new TV!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam13  /t/1434560/still-have-my-sony-50a2000-with-a-couple-questions#post_22505905

Did my first bulb replacement a few months ago. Previously never had the green/yellow problems until recently. It's not noticeable on every show, but it has become more so the last month or so, It is noticeable even with Redbox movies I get now. I've tried adjusting the color and I'm finding having to go more red hue than it was normally set at before, but it still doesn't entirely get rid of the green/yellow look. I'm assuming this is the optical block problem, but why would some shows not have so much of the green tint to them?? Also the cooling fan has started to get a louder annoying tick-tick to it, which I'm assuming might need replacing soon....?? I'm starting to think it's time for a new TV!!!

Because, in a particular scene, if pixel X is required to display a color that happens to require roughly the amount of green content that the tv is stuck on, you will not see a problem with pixel X.

If you watch a football game for example, you might not notice the problem until they show the sky.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts