AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I have lived with my Infinity SL20s for 17 years. Great mids and highs. Got my Polk Monitor 40s. Slightly better highs and slightly deeper bass. Picked up Infinity SL50s to both compliment my SL20s and they were cheap. The SL50s seem to be more of a "boom and sizzle" speaker with the mids falling behind. One of the reasons I like the Infinities is that they are a sealed design. I don't have to worry as much about placement and the sound is "tighter". My question is this. Being a loyal fan of Infinity and keeping a good WAF (checkbook), What other Infinity line should I look at in the used market? How does the RS line sound? Any thoughts? I am talking stuff from the late 80s throught the mid 90s or so.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's one word! LOL! Are they sealed? Which models?

·
Registered
750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsaudio /forum/post/18269591

That's one word! LOL! Are they sealed? Which models?

Heh, he pretty much said it all! The model depends on your budget and your room, of course. I think all the models (Ultima2, Performa, and Concerta) all have rear ports, though...

Anyways, do a search for a local dealer and spend a good afternoon listening!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/18270525

Only if you buy them new.

Hah! Funny guy! I know the whole listening thing. I will keep hunting Craigslist and see if something pops up.

·
Registered
30,800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsaudio /forum/post/18272404

Hah! Funny guy! I know the whole listening thing. I will keep hunting Craigslist and see if something pops up.

Good. I have found every Revel I have tried to be outstanding in its price/size range.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kind of wierd, I look up B&W and Focal and never find a thing. I did try Revel as well. No luck. Lots of people selling their Bose systems though.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Using "B&W" doesn't work on craigslist, you have to use "bowers" or something other than their acronym, that's likely not the issue you are having though, since revel usually gets B&W hits...

If I remember you are in minny/st. paul? http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...627752618.html

You can set up rss feeds on craigslist to search for particular brands/models you are interested in. Concerta's have been around long enough that you might start seeing them used, and M20/M22 seem like a great price/performance compromise.

Ron

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool. Thanks. How do the CDMs compare to the 683s?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ug. Too many choices, too little money!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts