AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll probably wait and see what new models show up, but I'm having trouble finding a 1080p DLP projector that I can use. I have a 120" dia. screen that is about 11.5" from the ceiling and need to ceiling mount the projector about 15'-9" away. Looks like the Optima HD33/3300 will work, but few have a small offset like this one. Have I missed any more?

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshelton /forum/post/20859930

I'll probably wait and see what new models show up, but I'm having trouble finding a 1080p DLP projector that I can use. I have a 120" dia. screen that is about 11.5" from the ceiling and need to ceiling mount the projector about 15'-9" away. Looks like the Optima HD33/3300 will work, but few have a small offset like this one. Have I missed any more?

The projector central calculator shows that you need to be 15'-8" to throw a 120" image. It also shows the fixed offset is 9.4" for a 120" image. 11.5" is not enough room to mount the projector and have 9.4" of offset. If you could move the projector forward an inch or two and lower the screen a few inches you could make it work, without using any key stone. It is so close, I would think that you could make it work in your room with only minor adjustments. We are starting a pre-interest list for the HD3300. Contact AVS if interested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.