AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I said last week, I ordered by Dish 6000. It got to my local Sears last night and I picked it up.

Yes, I got Sears to Pricematch for $399 for the 6023 package (dish 6000 + dual dishes).

I was waiting every day for a call saying "We had to stop the order blah blah", but it never happened.

Now I am just waiting a few more days to get my non-penetrating roof mounts in. Hopefully the anthrax paranoia wont cause FedEx to start delaying package shipments. I don't think I could wait that long and I might start drilling right into the roof! Oy!

Anyway, now a world of accessories awaits me! I am fairly certain I am going to need a line amp... I only have one piece of RG6 running into the building... I will need at least two inline couplers for that. With the SW21s... I will have to place these outside... lord have mercy this is going to be a wacky install. :)

-- Robert

·
Registered
638 Posts
Is that $349 the price Sears charged you after they included shipping (and before tax)? If so, what website did you get them to match? The best I could find ended up being $379 counting shipping (but not tax)...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I think my salesman was particularly gullible... I just say I found it for $299 (like I did last July) and he said they can't go that low... a lot of calls back and forth to some "regional manager", and they decided they could sell it to me for $399 without the extra Dish 301 receiver (that promo is like six months old, AFAIK).

Anyway, they approved $399... sorry, my last post was a typo. It was $399 from the beginning. I will edit the post.

Since I only have one TV anyway... no point in having the extra 301.

So I got a nice big box yesterday with all the stuff in it... Only difference is that my 6000 says "JVC" instead of "Echostar"... whoops!

Next up is to get the 8VSB module for cheap.

-- Robert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.