AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ampro2000 will not show a picture through the svideo or the composit video.The remote just says quad video no input.Code 34 says that it has both the RGB and quad boards but there is no picture.The internal test patterns work and if I hook up a computer to the RGB inputs it works fine.This pj is in my bedroom and does not have a doubler so I need the video inputs to work.I tryed to swap a quad card out of a working 2600 but the same result. I really need some Ideas to try.

PAUL

·
Registered
345 Posts
Paul, have you tried forcing the projector to recognize the input from s-video or composite?

There is a command available through the remote control (maybe a "source" button?) that will allow you to switch from RGB to s-video and composite.

I don't have the remote in front of me, so I can't remember what the buttons are called exactly.

Are you using the newer style remote that is backlit, or the older one? Maybe you are using the remote emulator?

Matt

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am useing the older style remote without back lighting. I have tryed to set it on the correct source but it says the same as in auto "no input"neither the composit or svideo settings will work.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
try going through the channels on the remote, composite video on my ampro 2000 shows up on channel 1 or five where rgb is channel 3..........

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Paul,

You may have a bad RGB board.

I had a similar problem recently. RGB2 and the quad worked, but RGB1 would not work. Replacing the main RGB card fixed the problem.

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
I've had a bad CPU card cause this as well. Without spare boards, this wil be tough to chase down.

at the price of a used DVDO, why not spring for a doubler and cable? Might be the better way to go.

Curt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.