AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious to find out if there really is not one single lover of the HT1000 that has bought the new HT1100.

Please tell me I am wrong and post you impressions ;)

May I assume its throw has not changed since the HT1000?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Snalvarg.

There is a thread "Ht-1100 Wow" which I started some time back.

It will answer your question!

You will notice that I am quite a "lover" of the 1000 and now the 1100, which I have had running for near 2 months.

The 1100 is in Australia, Asia, Germany and Britain from what I can gather, but only a few users at this stage.

The throw is the same.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes the HT1100 seems to be an international model. Artie74 from Korea reported to me that can access all languages (I think 17 different) from his HT1100.

I wish I could get my hands on this machine :D

Cheers HCEnthusiast

·
Registered
617 Posts
HCEnthusiast:

If you are still in Korea, jump on a plane and head to Melbourne, about an 8 hour flight.

You can handle at least 3 HT-1100's that I know of, but you will have to wrestle hard to get mine. ( I thought you said they were on sale in Korea?)

I know I risk "over-doing" my comments about this model, but I watch at least two movies each day with it and love it more every time.

People on this and other forums talk of a few different examples of movie to exhibit the fine qualities of a projector, but I think I will start a long list of nearly every movie I watch.

P.S. Noah, I will answer your query on the other thread soon.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm currently in germany. But will go back to Korea on monday.

Yeah as for buying a HT1100 in Korea. Everybody there is advertising it, but no one can actually deliver it. Plus finding an english speaking HomeCinema Dealer to say the least is very demanding :p

But finally I've contact to a guy who answered me and he told me maybe there will be a delivery at the end of this month. So let's see what happens.

Another solution would be to come to Melbourne and just take yours (I bring some korean candy). So watch out :D

Greetings from Hamburg

HCEnthusiast

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hi Jason,

Hope you guys don't have to miss out for too much longer, there can't be many HT-1000's left!

HCE,

Can't you think of something better than Korean candy, then you can grab the 1100, if I'm distracted! I gather they are too expensive in Hamburg?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I read on some German sites that the HT1100 is about 3500 euro there so it is hardly qualifies on this board even as I see it

Sorry, don't get your meaning,

apologies!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, it looks like HT1100 being an issue there around :)

Here in Korea, according to a few reviews, HT1100 is put to be a bit over priced. We actually know there are 1280 720 LCD Pjs with a lot low price tag and Matehorn Sharp Z200/201 less expensive. Strage when the price of HT1100 here in Korea is even relatively quite lower than other countries.

Mainly, these reviewers tend to categorize HT1100 into entry level Pjs along with Z200/Z201, AE500, which I do not agree with although I admit these Pjs have great CP.

Pale color reproduction, Possible light leaking due to it's masked area from 4:3 panel when you shoot 1024 576 wide is sorta main reason they think defects of HT1100.

-The color reproduction of HT1100 in my humble ophinion is in no way pale or rigid dry. It's quite natural rather, and flawless.

-Light leaking, I do not feel it.

Anyway, overall, I am quite satisfied with upgrading from HT1000 to HT1100 and waiting for anamorphic lens to arrive.

:Fishlooks,

1100 situation here in Korea, so it suffers from reviewers I'd like to put that way ;)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Fishhooks:

I have come to this thread directly after reading some older postings of yours where you were critical of the 1100 in comparison to the 1000 re the deinterlacer performance. Elsewhere you praising the machine for watching movies. Now that you have used the machine for some time is the deinterlacing really an issue or was it only really noticable when 'testing'.

I am considering getting an 1100 but I am waivering after reading negative comments re perceived 'issues'.

My main pet hate is jagged diagonals and aliasing which is the bain of digital video. Its no good having great colour and contrast if these artifacts continually catch you eye! I know you can get other DVD players and bits and pieces but the spending curve can just go on for ever.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What I meant by my earlier post is that the H1100 may be to cheap to be discussed in 'Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3500 USD MSRP and Up'. That's all. I don't really care myself cause I am looking for something that fits my need my don't exceed $5000 so I am looking in both forums.

As for the 1100 I consider the 4:3 panel a plus since I want to use it for gaming and computerstuff also. And further more it also works as lins shift for 16:9 material if I understand it correctly. Thats good for me.

My main question now is the ever present rainbow problem, is the new ht1100 significantly better than the old ht1000 that only had 4-wheel? The Sharp z200 is a borderline case for acceptable to me, but I'd rather buy something with even less rainbows like the Marantz vp12s3 (but that is out of my budget of course).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Quote:
My main question now is the ever present rainbow problem, is the new ht1100 significantly better than the old ht1000 that only had 4-wheel? The Sharp z200 is a borderline case for acceptable to me, ....
The HT1100 has still 4x for NTSC and 5x for PAL.

In a german forum it's reported that the obserable better than the HT1000 in regard of rainbow effects for PAL material.

Anyway if you are very sensitive rainbow effects you might not be happy with any DLP machine.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, HCEnthusiast. The only machine that has thrilled me this far is the Marantz VP12s. On that level rainbows don't woory me, but on say the infocus 5700 it does bother me. So if the HT1100 is on levele with IF7500 it's a dealbreaker, if it is rather close to Marantz I may get it if it works with throw and stuff like that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You have good taste man :) The Marantz machines are famous for the rainbow or lack of rainbow effect.

So that means you can't count on the specs here, because the IF5700 has 5x speed for NTSC and PAL. Same goes for the VP12 I think.

From me, I saw the sharp Z90, Z200 and Z10000 (all 5x speed).

They were all fine for me. With the HT1000 / Optoma 56 I could detect rainbow easily.

So there seems only the way of demoning the HT1100 prior to buying.

Regards HCE

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, demo is a must, but I won't go around and try to set up a demo if I know it is a dead end from the start.

As for the Sharps I think the Z90 has more Rainbowproblems than the Z200, but I didn't make a side by side comparison so I could be a bit off.

My taste sucks, it is a taste I can't afford ;)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Artie74:

It's very hard to get a price reference with the HT-1000 or 1100 in any way, as it appears they are quite differently marketed in all the countries that they are available. But then again I suppose this is true of electronics in general. I guess the only way to come back to some point is to look at the going U.S. Dollar price in the U.S. as that is probably the largest market. Even the Euro prices over Europe appear to vary somewhat.

One example of strange price relationships exists here in Australia. The InFocus 5700 has always been around A$2000 (US$1520) more than the HT1000/1100. I'm still waiting for somebody to show me this $2000 difference in quality and features (apart from the "Light-Canon" of the 5700, for those who like to watch their movies with the lights on!)

Who in Korea is comparing the HT-1100 to say the Pana. AE500? What a joke, I've now had considerable experience with both and the difference is amazing in favor of the NEC's. The AE500 is certainly an improvement on the AE300, still way behind the 1100 but okay at it's price.

Pale colours and light leakage; not at my place!

btiltman:

The only thing that initially worried me re Deinterlacing between the 1000 & 1100, was the dropping of Faroudja.

I did see a slight difference in favor of the 1000 in a couple of extreme tests, but have not in any way seen any problem with program material such as DVD's.

I continue to be astounded with the picture quality of these NEC Projectors. Mainly straight out-of-the-box, with no tweaking.

I have no reason whatsoever to be so outspoken and will "go" with any great picture performer from whoever. I suppose my whole working life with Television & Film material has made me so enthusiastic when I see something that reproduces so closely what I imagine to be "spot-on" I know this upsets some others on this forum, but I make no apologies for this.

Snalvarg:

I have not observed any objectionable 'Rainbows' on the HT-1100.

If I really look hard, when 100% white credit titles are rolling over black at the end of a movie, I "think" I see a very quick one, but then I question whether this is due to this Forum actually "training" us to look for this problem.

Just sit back and enjoy the show!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok, Fishhooks. As for the rainbows.

If I really look hard, when 100% white credit titles are rolling over black at the end of a movie, I "think" I see a very quick one, but then I question whether this is due to this Forum actually "training" us to look for this problem.

---end quote

What other PJ do you think is on the same level with the HT1100 to you? That would help me establish your level of sensitivity. I am asking to find out if it is worth a very long drive to have a look at hte HT1100.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.