AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Primarily using it as a PC monitor, and probably to get some Videogame action at some time in the future.

Eventually it'll make its way to a bedroom for viewing..

Am seeing Syntax Olevia in the ~1K pricerange, including the newer model with the supposedly "variable iris" type thing that enhances black levels.....has DVI, HDCP.

Not sure if the Winbook has HDCP over its DVI.......

There are others of course......and of course, for about $500 more you move up to 1920x1080...but I really dont want to go that high right now.

I'm even wondering if sittiing 2 feet away from a 32" LCD computer monitor is a bad thing :) Will I be staring at Screendoor all day long?

Maybe I should cheap out and go with a 27"...but thats a bit on the small size for videogames and to use as a bedroom TV.....no I think 32" will do it.

Any word on pricing on the upcoming Westies that have the built in digital HD tuners?? Might be worth waiting for if the prices were right, but Westys are currently NOT in the $1k pricerange...

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Best Bang for the Buck !

Toshiba 32HL95

PC-input / 2 Component / HDIM / Optical Out / Program Out / CC / TV-Guide Onscreen

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by donotremove
If you want to use it as a computer monitor, I recommend you get a 1080p set for the resolution.
I only game and websurf and such on this PC......a resolution greater than 1280x720 would be wasted on it.

I dont game any higher than 1024x768 generally anyhow......keeps the framerates up, AA and AF make everything nice and sharp....

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29
Best Bang for the Buck !

Toshiba 32HL95

PC-input / 2 Component / HDIM / Optical Out / Program Out / CC / TV-Guide Onscreen

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
", including the newer model with the supposedly "variable iris" type thing that enhances black levels."

There is no LCD with a modulated, real-time backlight. You might be able to set the backlight level on this thing once, but that's not a very special feature.

If it's doing anything more than that, I'd say it's very crude at best.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29
Best Bang for the Buck !

Toshiba 32HL95

·
Registered
635 Posts
If you're spending >$1,000 dollars on a screen, and your PC can't handle the frames of 1920x1080, I'd suggest buying a better video card / ram / processor before your new computer monitor. :D

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Nope !!

I tried one , but took it back.

Still a very good deal , if your looking for an lcd display with just about all the extras that any tv has these days.

Bad sound , bad viewing angle , other than that it is worth every penny. IMHO :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.