Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to KBK,

Quote:
The projector will be looked at by the forum member, and maybe he will report to the forum. Who knows. He will be playing with it in the next week, at the least.
(This quote was made in reference to a Goo Systems DLP projector that is soon to be released for sale. Comparisons have been made to CRT level blacks, etc. When pressed for details, Ken declined to comment further on the PJ, not wanting to turn this site into a marketing forum. I laud his professionalism and poise in dealing with this issue. )

Those of us following this thread (3 Goos and 2 Stewarts) in the Screens forum have been tantalized and teased by descriptions of this device to the point of P.E. (Premature Exasperation)!

[begin begging]

With that being said, will the "forum member" who is reviewing this mysterious device please step forward with observations, and more importantly, statistics, as soon as is possible? Yes, I have been reduced to putting out an all-call for figures on this machine, as Ken has clammed up about it. My inner 4 year old refuses to wait quietly for large scale feedback to come from either the Melbourne A/V show or the Canuck Shootout :D

If anyone is playing with this projector, please, remember your forum fellows!

[/end begging]

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Nah Nah! :p You have to wait, you have to wait... Hah! :D

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
we'll put it on the website soon. busy week!

We have to gauge the demand for this product. And that takes a bit of time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HA! Nice one, Roto. It took me a second to get it, though.

Keep up the pressure, boys- the artful dodger (aka KBK) can't juke us forever:p

·
Registered
382 Posts
Nice, Roto.

This is a very exciting product. Those screenshots are fantastic- as screenshots go! Is this thing SVGA or XGA? Does anyone know?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Who knows... most of KBK's research was done on the older NEC LT150 if I remeber correctly. Maybe this one is based on HT1000's little brother, the LT240, and KBK has found a way to best the HT1000!

What speed is the colorwheel? The PJ you were selling about 9 months ago or so only had a 2x wheel and unfortunately I see too many rainbows at that speed...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Modified X1? I can live with that. For the wife and I rainbows were killing us the first night or so, but after about two days they became a non-issue. And no one out of the 10 people we had watching Chamber of Secrets, The Matrix, or Jurassic Park ever commented on them. Weird, huh?

Is British Columbia really Canada's Hawaii?

Ryan

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
DLP rainbows have TON of association with Contrast Levels and contrast quality within a given PJ, signal source used, etc.

As for the earlier PJ's:

No PJ's where sold then. It was all held back until the newer chips came out. why waste a perfectly good bit of solid research on an older chip, and then garner no sales?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Relatively speaking Vancouver Island is about as mild as it gets in Canada. We have to air condition our Igloos. Mind you Ken has been experiencing Summer weather.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I doubt it's the X1. I recall reading a post where the Infocus technicians stated that the white segment cannot be blacked out, because it uses it to synchronize the color wheel. Assuming the firmware wasn't hacked, of course. :)

If it is a hacked LT240, I'd be very happy...I'd be glad to send my 240 to KBK to have it modded. :)

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
tell us KBK, tell us! we're dyin' over here! :)

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
$2299US

And the image quality STILL shocks me..and I created it. It's right on the verge of 'disappearing'...like a CRT unit (like a window, they are). So.... bloody.... close.....

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.