AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am upgrading from a Matrox G400. Interested in DVD picture quality mainly. A Radeon LE can be got for around $75. Is this still a worthwhile purchase or has this card had its day for HTPC purposes?

I am running Windows XP and plan on getting the TT player. Currently running PDVD 3.0

If better options now, any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Talb’s:

___If you can find a Radeon “LE†at a good price, buy it. Fanless silence and all the display quality of the latest 8500’s for DVD/DScaler output is a bargain. The 7500’s have a faster memory and core clock but with a fan and at a higher price. The 7000/7200’s are worse than the “LE†and std. retail DDR they replaced with either 64-bit DDR or 128-bit SDR memory architectures so skip them. I have yet to hear if the Video Immersion II under the 8500 added even a nickel of deinterlace quality but deinterlacing is probably best left up to SW algorithms anyway with their upgrade capability.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.