AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... I kind of knew it would happen: I have to empty out my ceiling mounted flourecent lamp cover every couple of weeks. I have a stinkbug who has taken up residence inside my nearly new WD-65837, First couple of times I saw him crawling across the inside of the screen it was amusing... later when he walked across the mirror and I could see him and his shadow magnified it was kind of awesome. Now he's just annoying.

Given how prevalent these irritating light seeking creatures are now on the East Coast, I can't believe I am the first to encounter this issue. Anyone got any ideas on how to get him out, and how to prevent any of his friends from getting in in the future without messing up the necessary lamp ventilation?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had two gnats find their way into my 60737 last summer when magnified they looked like a couple of bats in there. I took off the side covers and got some sun light on the screen they lilted on the front panel and I got um with an extension on the vacuum wand. I don't know of a way short of a fine mesh over the lamp vents which is probably not a good idea with the possible heat build up to keep the critters out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.