AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am watching a recorded show and press STOP, I get a menu: Resume Play, Delete Show, Watch Something Else. But if the show I am watching is currently recording and I press STOP, I get a different menu: Resume recording, Keep Recorded Segment, Delete Recorded Segment.

The two menus look almost alike, only on the first on the delete option is the middle choice, keep on the bottom; on the second menu keep is middle and delete is on the bottom.

I have deleted many currently recording shows because of this design. Without really thinking I automaticaly flip down to the bottom option and click.

I think there are two design errors here. First, the STOP button does dramatically different things depending on whether the show has finished recording or is still recording. Second, the two menus look alike and have their options reversed.

This is on my 4508. Did they change it on the level-5 software on the 5000s. Do you think they should?

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
It pays to read....

I hate that the currently recording "stop" option to save current segment is the second on, but I think the first choice is to keep recording (?)

My problem is I do a lot of this "blind" I have replayTVs hooked up without displays and for me to figure out what I'm doing without video feedback... well, I'm just asking for troble.

I'd like some consistancy too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.