AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a UN60H7150A from BB but took it back. I wanted to try a 4k curked but they didn't have one in stock so I was going to get the 65" HU8550 and the salesman talked me into taking a store demo HU9000 for $2800. They couldn't find the HU9000 remotes, so they gave the the 7150 remotes.

I'm thinking of returning this and getting a 65" JU7100 or JU7500. The little remote doesn't seem to work with the 9000, but it will turn the tv off. I don't know how many hours the set has run but figure 12 hours a day for a year.

Any thoughts?

Last tv I bought was a 60" LED DLP which worked fine until the chip needed replaceing, which I did but then 2 months later, having a problem with the power supply.

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
I bought a UN60H7150A from BB but took it back. I wanted to try a 4k curked but they didn't have one in stock so I was going to get the 65" HU8550 and the salesman talked me into taking a store demo HU9000 for $2800. They couldn't find the HU9000 remotes, so they gave the the 7150 remotes.

I'm thinking of returning this and getting a 65" JU7100 or JU7500. The little remote doesn't seem to work with the 9000, but it will turn the tv off. I don't know how many hours the set has run but figure 12 hours a day for a year.

Any thoughts?

Last tv I bought was a 60" LED DLP which worked fine until the chip needed replaceing, which I did but then 2 months later, having a problem with the power supply.
What do you think of the picture quality with cable, blu ray, 4k?

When the new ocb upgrade comes out in april the picture will be better, and will also come with a brand new remote. I do believe the hu9000 (WITH NEW OCB) will be better overall than the 7100/7500 because of more dimming zones, Cinema black, and it'll have the octa-core processor.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
All I watched was cable (uverse going to Denon 1910 avr) I 'll watch a bluray tonight. I think I need some kind of calibaration. I'm gonna try this http://www.thx.com/consumer/home-entertainment/mobile-apps/thx-tune-up-app-for-android/ since I don't have a calibration dvd and don't want to pay if I might take it back.

The color didn't pop like it did with the new HD I just returned.

One thing that really concerns is the hours it must already have on it.

·
Registered
19,220 Posts
The AVS HD709 calibration disk is available for free. You'll have to use the Search function above to find it because I don't have the AVS link handy. You can't calibrate with a disk alone but you can make some very good adjustments and that may be all you need. Keep in mind that using settings derived from a tv other than your own specific model might not work well because of component variability, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your tv, you just need to adjust it against its own tolerances and your viewing environment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts