AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know any major chains that have DMR-E20 on display? I want to take a DVD-R there to record with so I can test it out the compatability of it with other players. I think I will hold out for the Pioneer, but I want to make sure that the DVD-R will work in all the various players that I have, and some of my friends players as well.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was just at Nobody Beats The Wiz, and they had it for 999. .. . I think they still do the price matching there. I can probably get it for the same price as they sell it at J&R for if I want to pick one up. I think I'll go back tommorow with my camcorder and a blank DVD-R. I didn't see if they were selling blanks there. I have to go back and check.

·
Premium Member
12,978 Posts
Quote:
Looked pretty nice, but I want to be able to reuse discs
Then for the E20 you want to purchase the DVD-RAM disks, not the DVD-R.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went back to The Wiz to see if I could get a demonstration. The unit was powered on, but they wouldn't let me connect it to a TV. There were TV's all around it, but they resused to let me connect it.

They also only carried DVD-Ram there, and I wasn't going to spend 35 dollars for 3 DVD-Ram when I only wanted to try one DVD-R that I could take home with me.

Hopefully I can stop by Best Buy later and they will let my try it out. I think they are a little more consumer friendly.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by chap
Went back to The Wiz to see if I could get a demonstration. The unit was powered on, but they wouldn't let me connect it to a TV. There were TV's all around it, but they resused to let me connect it.

They also only carried DVD-Ram there, and I wasn't going to spend 35 dollars for 3 DVD-Ram when I only wanted to try one DVD-R that I could take home with me.

Hopefully I can stop by Best Buy later and they will let my try it out. I think they are a little more consumer friendly.
Chap, you'll probably have better luck with a smaller local a/v store. Have you tried 6th Avenue? I think they are one of the largest local chains that come close to offering "smaller a/v dealer style" service.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DBNyack

Chap, you'll probably have better luck with a smaller local a/v store. Have you tried 6th Avenue? I think they are one of the largest local chains that come close to offering "smaller a/v dealer style" service. If they don't have one hooked up, you can always buy from them, take it home, and return it within 10 days for a full refund (no restocking fee either).

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why didn't I think of that! I love going to 6th ave. Some of the guys there know me by name and would probably be glad to help me. I didn't even think about them having this player. I'll stop by there on teusday or wednesday to check them out. Thanx again for the idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.