AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the product, it is capable of 7.1 surround sound. I have this product set up with the 7.1 speakers. From what I understand, Sony says that optical cannot handle 7.1 so they are supporting 7.1 through HDMI, but this receiver does not handle HDMI audio, it only passes it through. Now my question is, what kind of signal using what kind of cabling would I need to get 7.1 sound out of the receiver?

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...=feature&var2=

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
On DD 5.1 sources engage EX over it, or DPLIIx

On stereo sources try DPLIIx or DTS Neo:6 (this one is a 6.1 mode, but will duplicate the rear channel to both SBR and SBL speakers in a 7.1 system)

DTS 5.1 sources will usually display DTS Matrix on a 6.1 or 7.1 system giving you effective 7.1 from that source.

For all purposes there is still not any 7.1 content out there for you to run on your system or anybodies system for that matter. We create 7.1 from our 2 channel, DD 5.1, and DTS 5.1 / 6.1 sources with the above listed softwares.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER /forum/post/0

On DD 5.1 sources engage EX over it, or DPLIIx

On stereo sources try DPLIIx or DTS Neo:6 (this one is a 6.1 mode, but will duplicate the rear channel to both SBR and SBL speakers in a 7.1 system)

DTS 5.1 sources will usually display DTS Matrix on a 6.1 or 7.1 system giving you effective 7.1 from that source.

For all purposes there is still not any 7.1 content out there for you to run on your system or anybodies system for that matter. We create 7.1 from our 2 channel, DD 5.1, and DTS 5.1 / 6.1 sources with the above listed softwares.

Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.