AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My receiver is starting to die...center speaker doesn't work sometimes, bass sound crumbly at low vol, have to turn unit or source off and on to get center speaker to work, once it works it stays working, but the bass has been crumbly for sometime now.

We only have 5.1 speakers, and they are fine, we don't listen to music with the receiver only watch movies, playstation and watch sports. We don't turn it past 55 vol, usually 35-50 is sufficient. I was thinking of a sound bar, but I've read they are not like a receiver which I have grown fond of for movies.

I'd like a similar unit, no airplay or fancy stuff that adds to the cost...once again, we don't use it for music. One thing I would like is hdmi ports so I can get rid of the optic switcher we use...hopefully hdmi will not effect sync too much...we have been happy with the optic sync.

Can someone offer suggestions for a replacement, keeping cost to only what we use right now, unless a little extra cost goes along way, which would make sense to do. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A friend gave it to me with some speakers a number of years ago, not sure if it was a complete kit.

Thanks for the reply...I was looking at the 377, heard onkyos run hot, didn't know much about denon, but Yamaha has had good reviews as of late...just needed a confirmation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts