Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My e-mail:

Through which inputs will this panel accept a 1080p input?

Can it accept a 1080p signal from a HTPC for viewing 1080p WMV or using

a 1920x1080 desktop?

The response:

Dear sir,

Unfortunately, the DV3750 supports up to 1080i, but not 1080p.

Thank you and best regards,

Paul Chang

Customer Service Department

BenQ Asia Pacific Corp.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the owners here in Taiwan and in HK reported this too, but no one seemed to believe me. I e-mailed them to make sure.

I did however buy the 3250 (1366x768) for the bedroom Xbox/TV and it performs great.

1:1 pixel mapping, independent color adjustment and lots of aspect options. The only thing I see wrong with the unit is the inability to change the PIP size and/or location. Perhaps I'm missing it in the options. I just got the TV a few hours ago.

Forgot to mention I got the free DVD recorder with the unit. Not a bad freebie at all. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmm. this is really strange!

I'm from the Netherlands (I'm new here :) ) and I'm watching the DV3750 threads on this forum for a while now.

Because the DV3750 looks like a perfect screen, I was shocked when I read that the screen did not support 1080p through DVI. So I decided to mail with BenQ Europe about this issue (just like you did).

Their answer is exactly the opposite! Have a look:

Me:

Hello,

Can you tell me if it is possible to connect this screen to a PC and use the full 1920x1080 resolution? I read somewhere on the internet that this is not possible, but I hope it is.

So, is it in any way possible to use the full resolution of this screen

with my computer? I guess I have to use the DVI port?

Thanks in advance.

BenQ Europe:

Dear Sir,

This LCDTV supports a native resolution of 1920x1080x60hz , so if your pc/videocard can send out this resolution ( by DVI for example ) that the LCDTV can display it.

BenQ Support

So, is this strange or what!? :)

Anyway, I found a Dutch reseller that would take the screen back if it didn't support 1080p over DVI, so I ordered one. Hopefully I can bring good news in a few weeks! :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spare-rib
This LCDTV supports a native resolution of 1920x1080x60hz , so if your pc/videocard can send out this resolution ( by DVI for example ) that the LCDTV can display it.

BenQ Support
They don't specify i or p, so it is possible that means 1920x1080x60i.

Filip

·
Registered
22 Posts
Spare,

Please forgive my ignorance, but this seems to me to be the answer to your question...... :)

The response:

Unfortunately, the DV3750 supports up to 1080i, but not 1080p.

Ciao,

RA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.