1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Here's the situation. I have the following setup

Radeon 9500 pro

Audigy 2 sound card (digital out to stereo via coxial)

Theather Tek Dvd Software

Harmon Kardon AVR8000 Receiver

When I start up windows, the sound is fine. After playing a dvd in either Dolby Digital or DTS, it still plays fine. But when I go back to the desktop and try to play a normal sound 'mp3 or something', it doesn't come through. The receiver thinks I'm still in dolby digital mode. If I switch the inputs on the receiver to something else, then back to the pc, it starts processing fine then.

This might be a problem with the receiver, but I dont know :( It's never done this with any standalone dvd player I've had...

Thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Never had anything like this. DD/DTS is engaged when req'd, & passed to rec. A little pic of what mode (dd/dts) is being streamed flashes at the bottom right of the screen and when you switch modes with the pc it obviously sends the right stream telling the rec. to switch modes. When done with everything my rec. lights up with 2 ch. PCM stereo, not "no sound". The Audigy is still outputting static. (when cranked it gets noticeable).

Make sure your sampling at 48 and not 96k. I had a couple issues trying to play media files at 96k. It didn't seem to want to play multi-ch music that was 44-48k when the sampling rate was set for 96k in the audigy 2 drivers.

Maybe you should check the rec. setup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.