Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm new to this Forum, but a regular in dutch forums....

So, now for some strange behavior of my Marquee 8501....

When using UTIL and choosing SOURCE SETUP

and then INTERNAL FREQUENCY i am not able

to choose option number 3. Actually i can choose it

but it fails with the H Fail giving a red signal on the back

of the projector. I tried the other Frequency's and they

are in perfect working order. The signal selection on number

3 is HF 47.71 and VF 71.90 which comes close to the signal i'm feeding 48khz with 60hz

Has anyone any idea why this isn't working....

Btw. the signal cable is OK because i tried it on my older ECP 3100

with no problems at all.....cable is a VGA to BNC

Thanks

Walter

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Guys, this unit came from me. I ran it here at various frequencies with no issues. I'm thinking it's a glitch with the H deflection board, but if Tim or anyone else has any suggestions, I'd rather send over a couple of boards at once than not nail this the first time...

Thanks!

Curt

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Walter,

this is a problem that sometimes will surface after a projector has been shipped or moved around. The problem is more likely on the horizontal deflection module (between the green and blue CRT's). The first thing to try is to pull that deflection module out from the aluminum sleeve and reinsert it back into the sleeve. Sometimes it will wiggle itself loose from transit and some of the connections on the multi-pin connector on the board may not have a good contact with the main board.

The second thing to try is remove that same deflection module from the sleeve, and remove that small daughter PC board that's installed (right near the multi-pin connector) onto the deflection module, and reinstall to improve on its contacts to the deflection module itself.

If the problem still exist, remove the control board (the one with the LED's on it, that's on the rear of the projector). Then remove the larger daughter PC board that has "deflection processor" on it, and reinstall on the processor board. This will usually improve the contacts between the daughter PC board and the main processor board.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply, i will try the things you suggest and

let Curt know the outcome of it !

THanks

Walter

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

Try replacing Q501 on the HDM small signal board, a 2N7000 FET, and scrub the contacts of the small signal board with contact cleaner. The other possibility, pretty rare, is a bad H sweep yoke.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Tim,

Thanks for anwsering my question, as i have seen your

Website, you must be the Marquee Guru :))

Well, i inserted a picture to confirm the position of

the little bugger on the board....

Is this the correct part i need to replace ?

Thanks

Walter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.