AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

hi there!

my first post here!

i recently got this for cheap, but it has these colours on the screen. the guy i got it from said it needs a new colour wheel. but i dunno. dispite the strange colours, the picture is fantastic, sharp and blacks are blacks and whites are bright white. (except when there green or pink hahaha) what do you guys think?

its a Toshiba 72" 72CM9UA‏, if you need more info, let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

i just tried plugging in a different TV in using the same hdmi cable and the problem disapeared (with the new tv) indicating the problem is AFTER the hdmi cable i,e the tv is malfunctioning and not the cable, video card of my computer or the video codecs of my media player. any experts on dlp? or anyone know where to point me?

cheers!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Difficult to narrow down within the tv. How does the on-screen menu look? If the menu looks good, I would assume that the light engine is good, and the problem is in the video processor board (whatever it's called). If the menu is also bad, then the problem is likely within the light engine. In that case, look at replacing the whole light engine, as I'm not sure the individual boards within it are serviceable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

fantastic, well that makes sense, the menu is a lil distorted too so i asume it could be the light engine. dang, sounds expensive..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I would open the back off tv there is a board in the middle of tv called dmd board (lv-682) has a small fan take the board out there are two dlp chip (ddp1011) cover the board with tin foil cut around two chips get hair dryer heat 10min each push down on chip put back see if that works ...... (Im not a pro but have played around with this model and happy to say this worked for me)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi did you try my trick just used the same method on the smaller 62inch and it worked like a charm and doesn't cost you the big bucks ...... The problem is the two chips on dmd board need to be reflow thats where hair dryer came in heat it up so solider will reconnect to board .... Please reply as this should fix your problem

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
This is a good tip, and definitely worth trying. Hopefully the OP reads this and at least attempts it. The two chips you mention are the "driver/processing" chips for the actual DMD device. I can see how their not functioning properly could produce the problem shown in the pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts