AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple days ago the audio on most of my HD channels has dropped out. It seems to be only on Dobly Digital channels. But at the same time, I can watch TNT on channel 245 and no audio, but switch to channel 75 (which is a mirror channel) and I get audio just fine. I can't figure out what the problem is, I checked all cables and went through the resetting process for my components. Any of you guys have a clue what may have happened? Thanks

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
What model receiver? How is it hooked up?

You may want to take a look over at dbstalk.com also to see if anyone is having similar problems.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's an HR20-100. Hooked up via HDMI. Thats what is so weird about the whole thing. I got audio on all channels up until a couple days ago. I'm still getting audio on the SD versions (had to add them back to the guide) and I guess the MPEG 2 feeds. Is the audio different on the mpeg 2 feed also? I even tried to hook up the sat receiver with a toslink cable to check if it was a handshake issue but still no audio. I'm starting to think it's a receiver issue (which sux since the DVR has shows that I won't be able to watch now). Thanks for the help, if you think there is anything else I can do let me know.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Tonov12,

I have been having the exact same problem with my HR20. I had it hooked up directly to my tv via HDMI for over a year with no problems. But when I got an AV receiver and turned on the Dolby Digital setting in the HR20, I started losing sound whenever I switched from DD to stereo channel AND vice versa. Resetting the HR20 solved the issue, but only for a couple of days and then it came back again.

I believe this is an issue with the HR20. Did you ever resolve your issue, or did you get a new DTV reciever? If so, which one and does it work?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
HR20 hooked up via component and optical, I have on occasion have a channel glitch and lose audio, switching off it and back usually restores it though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts