AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a strange problem with my ECP 3000.

Push the power button, system sounds like it is turning on. I can hear the HVPS static sound and then the system shuts off.

Could this be one of the strange quirks of the Dallas Chip?

Background:

Bought the projector from Curt at the beginning of the year. It was damaged in shipping and took 2-3 months to diagnose and fix. A fuse in the HVPS was bad. Everything was fine for about a month than I began experiencing strange situations. I couldn't turn the unit off with the power button, or I couldn't turn the unit on, or if I was watching a movie I couldn't make any adjustments.

Read the posts in the archives and began to think it was the Dallas Chip with the internal battery. The unit was mfg. 1989. Came across a post that described my situation. The IR remote sensor in the front of the unit appeared to be reacting to the fluorescent lights. I covered the sensor with Black Tape and everything worked as it was supposed to.

I just returned from vacation (gone for three weeks) and I am now experiencing this problem.

If the Dallas Chip is the most likely culprit, what is the Part Number (A previous post mentioned DS1230Y), and recommended vendor to purchase from ?

I appreciate any advice.

Daniel

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
It's most likely the Dallas Chip (made right here in Dallas, as a matter of fact - actually, its probably now made in China like everything else, and merely wherehoused here....:( ). You want the 1230Y and it should be available through Digikey now. Newark might also have it - both have websites...

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Yep, DigiKey now has them...$20 and change for quantities over 10...$26 and change for qty 1.

Where ya been Mike? We've been trying to fill in the slack while you've been gone...but it seems like all the help I try to give ends up referencing a previous post from you . Why is that :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jay,

Thank you for the information. I checked the Digikey website and the DS1230Y-150-ND is backordered until 03JUN02.

I appreciate the update.

Daniel

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
My apologies for not getting back to you sooner Daniel. The suppliers have also been out of stock locally, and all of the ones I have on boards have had really old date codes. If they're back ordered past June 3, let me send you one of my old ones in the meantime, or I can do that regardless.

Let me know!

Curt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.