AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a BenQ W500 and I have a strange focus problem. Always 1 corner is out of focus no matter what. But as the projector stays on, the focus gets better. Any idea what is going on or what to do? I can turn on windows, start the projector, and the top left is super blurry. Then I can watch a movie, look afterwards, and the focus is a lot better. It is real strange :-\\

No matter how I get the focus setup, a portion is always blurry though

·
Registered
585 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphx2 /forum/post/15525108

Hi all,

I have a BenQ W500 and I have a strange focus problem. Always 1 corner is out of focus no matter what. But as the projector stays on, the focus gets better. Any idea what is going on or what to do? I can turn on windows, start the projector, and the top left is super blurry. Then I can watch a movie, look afterwards, and the focus is a lot better. It is real strange :-\\

No matter how I get the focus setup, a portion is always blurry though

Sounds like the lens is expanding during the warm up. Some BQ's used plastic lens, they could be a little more sensitive to heat.

If it's still under warranty let BQ have a go at it.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by checklst /forum/post/15525326

Sounds like the lens is expanding during the warm up. Some BQ's used plastic lens, they could be a little more sensitive to heat.

If it's still under warranty let BQ have a go at it.

I believe the warranty is for 1 year and I am past that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts