AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted here in a while but once again I need help. We have a Denon AVR 1604 reciever. Recently the audio quit working when DVD mode is selected. It works when TV is selected and the tuner works as well. I have switched cables and switched input selections trying to get it to work but it doesn't. The Denon has 3 digital inputs for audio. Two optical and one Coax. The DVD player is currently hooked to the coax. I tried a different player using an optical in and the result was the same. The audio works on every selection except when it's on DVD. Has anyone ever heard of this or do any tech types have a thought as to what's the matter?

krumy

Thanks!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jase, Yes, I have. We are able to watch DVD's by lying to the reciever and telling it that the DVD player is the TV. It works fine but if we want to watch HDTV I then have to switch cables.

krumy

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hook up the DVD using analog stereo cables to the receiver. If that works, then your digital processing inside the receiver may have gone south.

·
Registered
584 Posts
You could try a Processor Re-Initialization. The manual will explain how to do this but it usually involves holding down two buttons on the front panel whilst turning the power on. Just bear in mind that this will restore the unit to the factory defaults so you'll have to redo all your setup again (speaker distances, channel levels etc).

This is can sometimes cure glitches like this. If it doesn't then it would appear to be a problem like Thomas has suggested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.