AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just noticed that there are about 14(ish) evenly spaced straight lines (running from left to right)which can be seen from top to bottom on my screen when projected from my Davis DLS8. I.E. the first line is at the top, the last line is at the bottom, and the lines are parallel with the top/bottom of the screen.

They are faint, and show up in mid colours rather than very light or very dark images.

I tried a different PC and a different VGA cable, but they're still there.

I'm sure I read that someone else had this problem in the past, but I couldn't find anything via the search facility.

There aren't many hours on the machine, and I didn't notice them when I used to use a smaller cine projector screen. I'm now using a home made blackout screen.

Any ideas anyone??

TIA.

Gary.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Gary, It might have been my thread. My problem thought was due to the screen. Without any light from the projector (normal ambient light) you could not see any problem with the screen. But as soon as you got strong light from the projector you could see horizontal lines. Looking close to the screen it looked like 2 lines of pixels (evenly spaced over the screen) were slightly darker the rest. I noticed that it was the screens by moving the projector slightly up and down and noticed that the lines did not move.

------------------

BR /// Rob

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info Simon. Looks like I'll be returning it for repair. Less than 80 hours on it too... http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

Strange thing is, I just noticed that the info says it's a 450 litebeam. I'm sure it used to say DLS8 before...???

Anybody else noticed that on their DLS8?

TIA.

Gary.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dear Gary

i have a davis dl450 2 years old this happened to mine

early on lines blue/pink. I returned it to Davis under

warranty they knew what the problem was and it returned

with the widescreen mod and software revison "c" i think

no more lines!

my email is [email protected] I also live in the uk

·
Registered
388 Posts
I had a problem that sounds identical to yours with a Compaq MP1600. I had it replaced under warranty. -- Herb

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Simon,

Just discovered that your fix looks like the fix I need - I just removed the projector from the ceiling, and placed it on a table. Flipping the image from inverted (rotating it) causes the lines to dissapear! Just by inverting the image, I can bring the lines back. Having the image projected the same way up as the projector removes them.

I take it your DL450 was ceiling mounted too?

Can you confirm the software revision you had for me please so that I can make sure I get a proper fix - I've already been quoted £1300+ to fix it (replace the DMD assembly)!!

Although mine says revision E, I'm sure I read that the revision numbers don't run alphabetically.

TIA

Gary

[This message has been edited by Gary Lightfoot (edited 08-14-2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.