Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, and hope that it's the right place to ask this. If not I'd appreciate any pointers you have.

I've got a fairly complicated setup for what seems like a simple requirement, and I can't get it all to work. Here's what I've got: My home theater set up is in the family room, and we have a second TV in the breakfast room (not far away, but out of sight). A couple of years ago, I set up a TERK Leapfrog (telephone wire based) system to allow us to watch the family room TiVo in the breakfast room. Everything wroked great.

Last week, I added a second TiVo, and of course, I want to be able to view both in the breakfast room. Here's how I planned to do it: The IR blaster that is connected to the Leapfrog would be placed in front of the IR sensor for a Xantech Hidden Link system. The Xantech connecting block would send IR to both TiVos and to a RCA VH915 remote control switch.

From the breakfast room I can control both TiVos successfully, but the switch does not work. However, if I flash the Hidden Link directly (instead of through the Leapfrog) with the switch remote, it works fine. Any clues on why all but the switch IR is getting successfully transmitted through this system?

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Howard Gluckman

·
Registered
645 Posts
RCA products often operate with a 57khz infrared carrier frequency, which is unique to them (most others are 38-42khz). The Leapfrog might not like the RCA commands, standard Xantech equipment deals with them fine (although the CFL friendly product can be tricky when working w/ RCA and other brands.)

jcmitch

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! I was begining to come to the same conclusion, although with no technical reason. It looks like a may have to try another switch. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I have a Xantech system, but only a single sensor with the IR repeater setup. It is probably a frequency issue as jc mentioned. You may want to contact Xantech tech services and perhaps even Leapfrog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.