AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting issue I have here. I'll give as much detail to the problem and hopefully someone can shed some light as to what my problem is or how to decipher what is actually causing my problem.

My current setup is as follows: Mitsubishi 65" DLP TV, Directv HR-21 satellite receiver, Monster Power HTS2600 power center, Samsung Upconverted DVD player (yeah yeah, waiting on a Blu-Ray deal), Onkyo 805 receiver, Polk RTi10 up front, Csi5 in the center.

Now, I commute for work, so I am rarely home. Last time I left the house, EVERYTHING worked fine.

Anyhow, my real problem. My satellite receiver and dvd player go through my Onkyo and then on to the TV. All are hooked up via HDMI cable. Now, when I turn on my receiver and select it to my satellite receiver, it displays NO SIGNAL and does not display a picture nor sound. If I select DVD, it works fine. I thought that maybe my satellite receiver got fried, so just to check if it was putting out a signal, I plugged the HDMI cable directly into the TV and it works perfect, sound and video and all. No problems.

What would cause the receiver to not recognize the signal? I also unplugged the HDMI from input 1 on the receiver and plugged it into input 3, changed the settings on the receiver menu, and tried it again. NO SIGNAL? I don't get it at all??

Dont' know if this matters, but My wife stated that we recently had some bad storms while I was away. It assumably caused Tuner 2 on all our Directv receivers to go out but they are back now.

So, please someone out there tell me that this is an easy fix and I am just being retarded???

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Try swapping the inputs on the HDMI inputs on the receiver... i.e. plug the DVD into the satellite's input and the satellite into the dvd's input. If the DVD still works on the satellite input then it's a problem with the satellite box. If the satellite works on the dvd's input and the dvd doesn't work on the satellite input then you know it's a problem with that particular input on the receiver.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh, and if it matters, NO ONE goes into this room. Not my wife nor my 4 year old. It's Daddy's room and no one is allowed, lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hopkins /forum/post/14317182

Try swapping the inputs on the HDMI inputs on the receiver... i.e. plug the DVD into the satellite's input and the satellite into the dvd's input. If the DVD still works on the satellite input then it's a problem with the satellite box. If the satellite works on the dvd's input and the dvd doesn't work on the satellite input then you know it's a problem with that particular input on the receiver.

When I connected the satellite directly to the TV via HDMI, it works fine. It's only showing NO SIGNAL when it goes to the onkyo. I thought that the problem would be with the receiver, but it works fine with the DVD player, even when switching HDMI inputs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i figured I would add more to this, even if it appears no one can help here.

I called ONKYO and tried to troubleshoot the problem. We did everything that I explained in the first post and no luck.

So, ONKYO tells me to run an audio line from the output of my TV to my Receiver and they'll call me back ASAP to see if they can find some more information on what my problem is. LOL, so 3 days later I am still waiting on the call. Great customer service ONKYO!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1dude57 /forum/post/14462720

Did you physically assign your HDMI inputs to those specific devices?

sure did! I did that initially and then redid it while I was on the phone with Onkyo. Still no luck and still no call back from Onkyo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts