AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Panasonic TH-42PX77U and about a month ago the picture will get all staticy (like your sorta picking up a channel with an antenna that comes and goes) but the audio is 100% ok. The video static comes and goes with no rhyme or reason. It is infrequent but sometimes the picture goes totally black, but again the audio is smooth as could be. We have a satellite so I thought maybe it was something to do with that, but the audio never falters. When the video was acting up I tried the antenna, roku, and xbox all with the same issue. I would say 90% of the time it functions perfectly fine. Any ideas what this could be? Does this mean my tv is dieing
? Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump, anyone? I called Panny tech support, I know why I held off. Some low wage job reading some decision tree just to tell me to go to my local Panny repair center. Only to be told the local one doesn't have a telephone number and they don't have their address either. So she gave me one much farther away and no answer.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
You don't mention what input port you tried for your devices, so you may want to try a different input port.

If that is not it, you can try re-seating the cable connections between the circuit boards inside the TV. Just be sure it is unplugged first!

These are the "free" solutions to try first.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry bout that. I have the same issue and tested it with 2 HDMI inputs, component, and the antenna input. I had the same exact problem on all of them. One thing that I forgot to clarify is when the screen gets the static look I said it sometimes goes black, it isn't "black" but blank, like when the tv is off.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is what you call a long time bump. The issue went away and has re-appeared. Exact same issue as I posted above. I'm going to try your advice of re-seating the cable connections. I've never done this before and was curious if anyone recommended a good site or youtube video for instruction on doing this. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tomwil, thanks for the suggestion. It worked....but for only 4 days. I re-seatted every plug/connector I saw. TV worked perfectly for 4-5 days and the issue has started up again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts