AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Toshiba DST-3000 and TN50X81 RPTV. Starting today, I have been getting bad audio static on ALL the analog stations, but not on the OTA DTV or DirecTV channels. Video is fine.

The sound is like you get when you are just on the fringe of tuning in an AM radio station, but aren't quite there.

I get this both on the 1080i and 480i outputs and with 2 different OTA indoor antennas (which have been working fine for a long time)

One thing I have not yet tried is plugging the antenna cable directly into the TV.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I starting having the same problem today. Out of the blue. Has anyone else seen this?

If I go into the installation menu, then exit, the audio is fine. As soon as I change the channel, the static is back. The audio is fine on DTV stations, but bad on OTA and cable.

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
63 Posts
My mits hd5 started doing the same a couple of months ago and then

died altogether.

I didn't care until the sat portion of the receiver started doing the same.

Looks like the age is showing in these Hughes made pieces of caca.

Mits is replacing my unit monday and told me they have broken ties with Hughes.

BTW I have had mine since 1/25/01

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
My 3000 is fine.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gregz -

To follow up on my original post, I had to send the unit in. They replaced it (not with a brand new one, by the way). Have had no problems since then.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I assume that both these units use the same chipset. It's good to know I'm not alone anyway. Did Mistsubishi (or Toshiba) claim any knowledge of this type of failure?

I will be calling Toshiba tomorrow to see what they have to say.

Thanks,

Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.