AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with audio quality on one TV channel received via our HD DISH receiver, and I'm not sure what the problem is, or what forum to post this note to.

I have a DISH HD receiver feeding video and audio to an NAD 175 processor, from which audio is fed to several power amps and speakers. Recently, I have been getting major audio problems (muffled, garbled sound) from one TV channel only. It sounds as if all the mid and high-frequencies have been filtered out, and I get only a muffled, low-frequency signal, which is heard in all (five) speakers. Video remains normal, and audio and video from all other channels also seems normal. Also, the audio signal from this "deficient" channel sounds normal on a remote TV fed from the DISH receiver. It also sounds OK when received on another, off-the-air TV set. The garbled sound on the deficient channel remains garbled whether the channel is received as HD, SD, or from an outside antenna connected to the DISH receiver.

Although I intend to contact DISH technical about the problem, since the sound from the DISH-fed remote TV is OK, I'm confused as to where the problem is.

Any suggestions? Also, if this is the wrong forum for this question, tell me where to go.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
What channel is it? Maybe somebody can monitor it for you.

I'm thinking it might be a metadata issue on the Dolby Digital bitstream, so your processor is automatically switching to some weird mode or incorrect down-mix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.