Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting!

Last night, I have installed a new PC using the Shuttle X case and mainboard with P4 2.4G HT CPU, 256M DDR Ram, ATI Radeon 8500, Audigy 1 sound card with Windows XP Professional. I use Cinemaster Video Filter, Zoomplayer and WinDVD audio filter together with ffdshow (build 20030523). I enable Blur , sharpen and RESIZE but was stuttering like hell with the 1024 x 768 resolution! The stuttering occurs only after about 10 second of very smooth playback. At the time of stuttering, both DVD drive AND harddisk light turn on (that's mean both of them are running) and they are quite noisy. This problem went completely away when I disable RESIZE. During the problem, the CPU loading is only around 50 - 60% so I guess it's not the CPU loading that caused the problem.

Can someone please help with this problem? What trouble me a lot is that I have another computer with more or less the same configuration but the problem was JUST NOT THERE. I have tried setting the priority of Zoomplayer to ABOVE NORMAL but it doesn't help even a bit.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Presume you have made sure that DMA is enabled for rom drive

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Have you tried installing Reclock?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi!

Thank for the reply. I have made sure that it is running in DMA mode. I start to suspect that it has to do with region-code problem. I am using the LiteOn XJ-166(??) DVD-Rom. I have downloaded the RPC-1 firmware to update it .. at the very beginnning, I use region-1 disc and it plays fine using WinDVD and Zoomplayer + Cinemaster filter, then when I switch to region-3/region-2 disc, although I have run Region Killer v2.5, it can't play at all but no error is displayed.

I heard that there is something wrong with the ASPI layer with some 'old' software DVD player, as I am using the Cinemaster from ATI DVD player 7.6, is that the problem? I don't want to upgrade as the new Sonice Cineplayer's registration process is a nightmare.

Thank in advance for any help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.