AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my receiver back from service yesterday. It had been in the shop and needed a new HDMI board (long story). I hooked everything up, ran Audyssey and everything seemed to be working fine. I listened to music streamed to the receiver from my computer. I put in some Blu-ray movies and the audio was fine. I then put in a concert Blu-ray that was defaulted to PCM 2ch stereo and I had no sound, but when I switched it to DTS Master I then had sound. Everything is hooked up thru HDMI connections. I tried a CD using My Oppo disc player and again no sound. I also have no sound thru my Comcast DVR, but I have picture. When I hit display on my receiver it says input HDMI PCM 2ch stereo 48Khz, and then the output is whatever my receiver is switched to PLIIx Movie, Dolby Digital, etc. I tried a SD DVD with Dolby Digital sound and I have sound on every channel. I also tried a DVD with DTS sound and the same result. I finally hooked up some RCA cables from my Oppo and my Comcast DVR (audio out to audio in on the receiver). and now I have sound from a CD and the Comcast DVR. How could the receiver not produce sound via PCM from and HDMI input but have sound using analog cables? This is very weird. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts