AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i've had my 563a for a while, but i haven't used the progressive scan mode untill just rescently when i got my in focus 4805. So, i turn it on for the first time and i notice that the top of the image is distorted. It is like someone "smeard" the top of the image. There is an indent right side and on the left side and it sticks out the same amount on the right. But, when i turn off the progressive scan it works fine. Is this a common problem with these? and is there something i can do? Thanks in advance.

-Ryan

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Foxbat121
It's your TV that can't fully sync with the progressive signal from the DVD player.
Thats strange, because it syncs up with my xbox and hdtv at all different resolutions (480p, 720p, 1080i).

-Ryan

·
Registered
13,974 Posts
A lot of DVD players output slightly non-standard progressive signal (somewhere around 510p to 525p). This causes a lot of problem with earlier RPTVs (Hitachi RPs for example) that are designed to sync only with 480p.

Just checked Pioneer 578a manual and it says progressive is 525p. I remembered the same thing on HD841 manual. Your 563a is probably the same thing. I don't know why they all use 525p but I from the wording of the manual, it has something to do with Macrovision implementation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.