Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New member here, looking for some help/insight with my recently purchased Screenplay 4800. I searched the forums didn't turn up anything about my problem:

The projector works and looks great using the RCA, S-Video, and Component to S-Video connections for playing 480i signals. However, when I connect my laptop/HTPC via VGA cable to play DVDs and other video files, the contrast and brightness suddenly go haywire. The picture looks perfect when I turn them both down to 0! but the defaults of 50 look terrible, washed out, and bad. I am definitely not in presentation mode - even on the Film preset it looks totally incorrect until I dial down the contr/bright settings to 0.

Has anyone else here experienced this phenomenon? Do I have a faulty unit? Is there something I don't understand about the VGA connection?

Here is my setup:

Infocus Screenplay 4800 (refurbished)
-Lamp has approx. 110 hrs

-Latest f/w (1.6 I believe)

-Coolest color temp

-Hoya 81a warming filter

-Contrast/Brightness normally both ~55

DIY Parkland/Behr Silverscreen 90" diagonal screen

Dell Inspiron 6000D
-1.6 Mhz Pentium M

-512 MB

-ATI Radeon Mobility 64 MB video card

-Media Player Classic using FFDSHOW filter to play DVDs.

When I play DVDs directly on the laptop LCD using this setup it looks stunning. When I use my traditional DVD player via 480i component to the projector it looks terrific. When I put the two together something seems to be off kilter.

What do you all think?

·
Registered
185 Posts
To isolate the source of the problem, run another input through the VGA port to see what happens. If all is well, its got to be the PC, which sounds like its outputing way too hot (levels all maxed out). Dig around in the software settings and your device drivers to see if there are any contrast / brightness settings you may have overlooked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I tried doing just that: other PC sources thru the VGA input have the same issue. Running the laptop out into a regular monitor looks fine though. Sounds like it's a problem with the projector itself unless there is something else...good thing I got the one year warranty Infocus offered a couple of weeks ago! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.