AVS Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
So you've narrowed the problem to "ODD" transponders and the "other" receiver.

As for the UTV... Have you been able to get different results with just one tuner plugged in (# one or # two)? As I understand it in the "off" position the tuners will pulse between even/odd so... to control for that you might need to have the UTV tuned to specific channels (Use PIP with two tuners). So if the UTV is "locked" into EVEN channels does the "other" receiver behave? If it's "locked" into ODD channels does the "other" freak?

·
Registered
55 Posts

Quote:
for reasons such as my wife would kill me

teehee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgodave /forum/post/15075330

So you've narrowed the problem to "ODD" transponders and the "other" receiver.

(Use PIP with two tuners). So if the UTV is "locked" into EVEN channels does the "other" receiver behave? If it's "locked" into ODD channels does the "other" freak?

AAAAHHHHH....now THIS sounds like some good troubleshooting

Again, please keep us informed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
At this point I have more or less given up on the troubleshooting it was just driving me batty. I ordered a new receiver to replace the NON UTV one from eBay and it is at my doorstep now. I will hook it up this weekend and see if that takes care of the problem if not I might swap out the UTV for the replacement and see if that fixes it. If it does I am not sure what I would do.

I am hoping it is the non-utv receiver that is the problem here.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
In the end it was the non-utv receiver (I hope). I replaced it and all is well. Except...Twice in the last 2 weeks I have turned on my UTV only to have it try to dial out with no option to not to. Have to power off then on to recover then all is well again.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
By "power off" do you mean an "unplug" or "reset/reboot" was required or an Off/On (Standby) via the remote or panel switch?

If it's a simple remote or On/Off switch "fix" I might suggest time to do a reset/reboot of the UTV... to see if that helps.

Usually when the UTV is unexpectedly trying to dial out on it's own (and you don't have automatic MSNTV/WebTV E-mail checking setup) and it tries downloading the OS (instead of going to your MSNTV/WebTV Homepage)... that usually means it can't find the Hard Drive and might be a sign of a "failure" in the future... The Hard Drive might be just fine (for PC use) but the UTV/Hard Drive is having an issue... usually replacing the drive fixes that issue...

So if you're up to it I'd recommend saving your MY SHOWS to Tape/Disc just in case you need it... Not sure if you've done a UTV hard drive upgrade before but if you have any concerns on that front we're here to help.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts